TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: Thoughts on 2560R turbos
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: Thoughts on 2560R turbos

Posted by Bigwill837 on December 14, 2015 at 11:08 AM
  This message has been viewed 723 times.

In Reply To Thoughts on 2560R turbos posted by bmakfairlady on December 14, 2015 at 06:22 AM

Message Oh boy, where to begin...

First, don't buy anything directly from Ash. He's a PITA to deal with and it takes forever to get your product. If you get it at all. He'll take your money without a hiccup, but you'll run into the Excuse-Train when it comes time to deliver your product ("I got kicked out of my home."; "My shop fan/heater/welder/wrench/lathe/bench broke."; "Garrett dropped the ball and didn't ship me the turbos."; "I'm boxing it up right now." )

If you have already given him money, start the refund process immediately. Don't wait for the 60-day PayPal refund policy to expire. And God help you if you gave him cash.

Second, ALL upgraded Garrett turbos require modification to bolt up to the Z32. That includes inlet flanges, outlet flanges, wastegate brackets, and clocking. The 2560 isn't special or different in that regard.

Third, you can purchase the smallest ball-bearing turbo, or the largest - from a JWT530 to a custom GTX3071 - and make tons of power...or blow up the engine. The key is proper tuning and proper boost control for your fuel and setup. Decide what your budget and power goals are, and build around that.

Finally, if I were to purchase 2560 turbos (which are an excellent choice), I would buy them through Concept Z Performance. To my knowledge, only Concept Z and Z1 offer a 2560 turbo kit. The CZP kit is slightly nicer because it includes compressor outlet pipes, whereas the Z1 kit re-uses the OEM outlet pipes.

You can also save a little money by purchasing the "Tuner Kit" and assembling it yourself: La-Z-Link.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.